Thursday, June 10, 2010

The months to follow... first kiss!

So after our first meal, Felicia and I kept in contact daily.  She assisted me in finding an apartment on her side of town, and I signed up for a new gym membership close by.  We would meet after work, and work out.  sometimes eat a meal together.  Some nights, most of them we would be up talking until 3am, then I would drive home.  I am thankful I found a closer Apt.  I was driving across town for the first month. 
     We would talk about most anything, from our lives to what we would eventually want in a relationship.  I was not into the idea of dating anyone at this time, and she was just dating sporadic, but nothing too serious.  Our friendship grew each night we spent visiting.  I enjoyed our time and each night I would hope to see her the next day.  It felt natural and comfortable to me. 
     Finally, after a couple weeks of long nights and watching movies, we had our first kiss.  We had been talking about movies, and she asked if I had watched "Once"  I hadn't.  So she put it in, and proceeded to sit on the couch next to me, and not in her own chair.  This was different!  She leaned against me and started to snuggle.  I was not very comfortable at this time with being touched.  She forced some contact, andI was in shock, but enjoyed it.  During the movie she pulled my arm around her and would lightly stroke my arm during the movie.  I can't remember most of the movie, but I remember the touch.  After the movie she remained close to me and we talked for a little bit, about the movie and the touching.  I had a breakdown, this was nice, and not normal.  I didn't know how to respond, but I tried to just be.
      After a couple hours, I needed to go home.   She had to get up and leave for a business trip in the morning.  She walked me to the door, and at the point of good bye she asked, "Are you going to kiss me or what"?  I said I would love to and we kissed.  She asked how comfortable that was, I replied it was different.  She said I needed to kiss her again until it was not akward.  We kissed a second time, and it was a long passionate kiss... the drive home was long, but be talked the entire way. The next four days while she was gone were some of the longest days...more to follow...

1 comment: