Thursday, May 13, 2010

Our first meal together

Felicia asked me what I did for fun, I took hours to reply due to the fact that I had spent the last few years going to college and working two jobs.  My free time was little to none.  So I ave a list of things I did enjoy doing, even though I had not done them in a long time.  We emailed back a forth for a couple days, then she asked me to see a movie with her.   This was not a date just a friendly get together, and chat. 
    We met at the theater right after work on on e of the hottest days of the summer.  We elected to watch the movie first then get a bite to eat.  The movie was "The Ugly Truth", and it was an ugly movie.  Felicia andI ended up making fun of the movie and chatting almost the entire time.  Afterwards we walked to McCormick's and Schmidts restaurant.  They were packed, but we found a small table in the bar, ordered water and continued chatting.  We never looked at the menu for a least a couple hours.  We just sat and talked, moving from one subject to another, about our lives, things we enjoy, sports, and so many other things I cannot recall.  At one point, she suggested we order at least something.  She said to me, " Lets just get the tuna and share it".  I agreed, even though I am not a food sharing person.  I didn't like people touching my food, but we shared the meal and enjoyed more conversation until they started closing.  We left the restaurant and parted ways for the evening.
   At some point on the way home I realized we just shared a meal andI was not bothered by it.  I did spend some time processing the night and felt we had a great visit.  I hoped to see Felicia soon and do more fun things.  We had plans to hang out again later that week, she offered to help me find a place to live on the west side of town.  Now we share almost all our meals and enjoy so many activities that our schedules are full most days.
     I will share the great apartment search and the gym incident next time... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment